Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Nancy Estrada <na...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/23 10:49:23 UTC

Flink configuration

Hi all,

I have been reading about how to configure Flink when we have a set up
consisting on a couple of VMs with more than 1 vCore.  I am a bit confused
about how to set the degree of parallelism in the
taskmanager.numberOfTaskSlots parameter:

* According to the Flink documentation[1], this value is typically
proportional to the number of/ physical CPU cores/ that the TaskManager’s
machine has.

* However the YARN documentation[2], makes reference to the number of
/Virtual CPU cores/ per TaskManager.

My question is, If my Flink Jobs will be running on VMs (without using
YARN),  the "taskmanager.numberOfTaskSlots" will depend on the number of
vCPU that mi VM has? or must be related to the physical cores?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Nancy

[1]https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-0.8/config.html
[2]https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-0.8/yarn_setup.html

Re: Flink configuration

Posted by Greg Hogan <co...@greghogan.com>.
Has anyone reported decreased performance with hyper-threading?

Re: Flink configuration

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
Hi,