Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by "mail@felixguntrum.de" <ma...@felixguntrum.de> on 2004/02/21 21:28:27 UTC

Re: running PLUTO in WSAD (WEBSPHERE 5.0)

hi,
i´m still trying to run pluto on websphere .. but i get the following
"noClassDevFoundError":

 >> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/pluto/PortletContainerException <<

first i deployed pluto with "maven fullDeployment" to tomcat and
generated the two war-files "pluto.war" and "testsuite.war" with the
command "jar cvf archiveName.war ."

after that, i generated two projects & ear´s and imported the two war-files:

File-> New-> Project-> Web-> DynamicWebProject-> Name: PLUTO & PLUTOEAR
PLUTO -> Import-> WAR-File -> pluto.war

File-> New-> Project-> Web-> DynamicWebProject-> Name: TESTSUITE &
TESTSUITEEAR
TESTSUITE -> Import-> WAR-File -> testsuite.war

Server-> New-> Testserver -> PLUTOTEST
PLUTOTEST-> Add Projects -> PLUTO & TESTSUITE

when i try to access the pluto-portal in my browser:
http://localhost:9080/PLUTO/portal

the exception was thrown and i see: Error 500: Failed to load target
servlet [pluto]

i attached the server-output with the complete exception and the
.classpath file from PLUTO project ..

any help is appreciated, thanks!
felix

Posted by Vetle Roeim <vr...@enonic.com>.
mail@felixguntrum.de wrote:
> hi! when i understand the instruction in the right way, i have to patch
> the method setContextRoot():
>
> protected void setContextRoot(String contextPath)
>    {
>       // START PATCH
>      if (contextPath.endsWith(".war")) {
>             contextPath = contextPath.substring(0,contextPath.length()-4);
>      }
>      // END PATCH
>      this.contextPath = contextPath;
>    }
> but i don´t understand the sentence "To fix, I just stuffed the portlet
> WARs into the portal and shared directories, and that made it work."
>
> where i have to put the portlet WARs?

   In JBoss you can just deploy the WARs as usual, and I guess you can
   try doing the same thing in WebSphere. But put the pluto and portlet
   JARs inside the WARs (in WEB-INF/lib).

--
Vetle Roeim
Lead Developer, Enonic AS - <URL:http://enonic.com>

Re: running PLUTO in WSAD (WEBSPHERE 5.0)

Posted by "mail@felixguntrum.de" <ma...@felixguntrum.de>.
hi! when i understand the instruction in the right way, i have to patch
the method setContextRoot():

protected void setContextRoot(String contextPath)
    {
       // START PATCH
      if (contextPath.endsWith(".war")) {
             contextPath = contextPath.substring(0,contextPath.length()-4);
      }
      // END PATCH
      this.contextPath = contextPath;
    }

but i don´t understand the sentence "To fix, I just stuffed the portlet
WARs into the portal and shared directories, and that made it work."

where i have to put the portlet WARs?

thanks in advance,
felix

Posted by Vetle Roeim <vr...@enonic.com>.

Posted by "mail@felixguntrum.de" <ma...@felixguntrum.de>.

mail@felixguntrum.de wrote:

> hi,
> i´m still trying to run pluto on websphere .. but i get the following
> "noClassDevFoundError":

<snip>