Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/14 01:08:32 UTC

MyFaces Core (Upcoming Release Needs Testing)

We have created a branch in SVN to test the upcoming core release.
Recall that is same as the MyFaces JSF implementation (no Tomahawk).
You can checkout the latest branch code from SVN[1] and compile the
proposed release code.  You should test with the latest commons
release which is now available on ibiblio[2].  You can also build the
commons release from the source[3].

At a minimum someone should test all of the examples.  Be sure you
build them with maven though.  We want to test that the right
dependencies make it into the WAR.   I will try to lend a hand with
the testing but the maven stuff has taken up most of my open source
time.  The end result is *definitely* worth it though.

No voting yet.  This is just to get the kinks worked out.  We're going
to try and get more rapid releases of MyFaces going so if there is a
bug that isn't fixed - there's always the next version.  Feel free to
"scratch your own itch" and provide a fix if you want it resolved by
the next release.  If you do, make sure it is checked in on the branch
*only."  We'll merge it down to the trunk later.

Sean

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/core/branches/1_1_2
[2] http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/org/apache/myfaces/commons/
[3] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/commons/tags/1_1_2