Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Gavin 'Beau' Baumanis <ga...@thespidernet.com> on 2008/04/06 02:53:35 UTC

Mac OS X GUI merge tool

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would ask for your advice again, please.

being a recent convert to a MAC I after a GIO / Merge/diff tool please?

I managed to find Araxis  - which I really like,
But there is no way that I am going to pay $US 250 for a merge tool!

I'm not against paying - it just needs to be in the realm of something
sane... My IDE didn't cost that much!

Thanks in advance!

Please contact me if you should have any questions.

Gavin 'Beau' Baumanis
Principal
The SpiderNet Web Design

E: gavinb@thespidernet.com
M: +61 -4 38 545 586
W: http://www.thespidernet.com

Re: Mac OS X GUI merge tool

Posted by Nathan Nobbe <qu...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 10:53 PM, Gavin 'Beau' Baumanis <
gavin@thespidernet.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Just thought I would ask for your advice again, please.
>
> being a recent convert to a MAC I after a GIO / Merge/diff tool please?
>
> I managed to find Araxis  - which I really like,
> But there is no way that I am going to pay $US 250 for a merge tool!
>
> I'm not against paying - it just needs to be in the realm of something
> sane... My IDE didn't cost that much!
>
> Thanks in advance!

eclipse has a nice integrated merge tool; but obviously if youre not using
eclipse, then this could be a big pain in the ass.  maybe try guiffy; its
written in java and looks like it works on osx
http://www.guiffy.com

-nathan

Re: Mac OS X GUI merge tool

Posted by John Peacock <jo...@havurah-software.org>.
Gavin 'Beau' Baumanis wrote:
> being a recent convert to a MAC I after a GIO / Merge/diff tool please?

There is a version of kdiff3 for Max OS X available from the main site
(check Google).  And Meld is a Python script so you can run that anywere.

You might also find this discussion helpful:

http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/Subversion.html#GDIFF

especially the svndiffwrapper script which allows you to drive kdiff3
(or some other merge tool) when svn would normally create conflict files.

HTH

John

Re: Mac OS X GUI merge tool

Posted by Gavin 'Beau' Baumanis <ga...@thespidernet.com>.
Just a quick note to say thanks to everyone that replied.

I have installed the Apple developer tools which I conveniently found
on the OS install discs.
So, for the time being I can use FileMerge to keep me out of trouble.

None the less I will get around to having a look at the others.
FileMerge lacks a little polish and does the ability to review three
files, either - which was (surprisingly) used a fair bit while I was
using Araxis.

Thanks to everyone for your time and suggestions - I sincerely
appreciate the assistance.

- Beau

Re: Mac OS X GUI merge tool

Posted by Clint Lawrence <cl...@gmail.com>.