Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Thomas Saxtoft <TS...@sondagsavisen.dk> on 2002/10/15 09:54:43 UTC

SocketServer error

I have configured a SocketServer to save output to log/log.xml, and it
works - almost.
I start up the server with no problem. Then the first time I use my
logger the log.xml is created but nothing is written to it and I get
this exception:

INFO  SocketServer.main(SocketServer.java:109) : Starting new socket
node.
ERROR SocketNode.<init>(SocketNode.java:51) : Could not open
ObjectInputStream t
o Socket[addr=/127.0.0.1,port=1336,localport=8889]
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: JVM_recv in socket
input str
eam read

Then the second time I use the logger everything works fine:

INFO  SocketServer.main(SocketServer.java:102) : Connected to client at
/127.0.0
.1
INFO  SocketServer.main(SocketServer.java:109) : Starting new socket
node.
INFO  SocketServer.main(SocketServer.java:99) : Waiting to accept a new
client.
INFO  SocketNode.run(SocketNode.java:78) : Caught
java.net.SocketException closi
ng conneciton.

And the content is written to log.xml.

That is, after the first time I run code using a logger, it works until
I restart the server. Then it is all over again.

Thomas Saxtoft