Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org> on 2002/04/10 01:19:41 UTC

initial commit for the new forrest-skin

Hi everybody,

it's not something I'm particularly proud of, but since I prefer
patching gradually instead of committing everything in one big swoop, I
gave the new forrest skin an initial, and admittedly very rough go.

Please feel free to enhance and rework, at least the basics are there
now.

Things which need work are the tabs, yahoo-path and menu, I'd suggest we
set up a separate matcher for the generation of the yahoo-path and
provide both menu and yahoopath with a resource (request) parameter
indicating which document is requested in the overall hierarchy so that
we can highlight it. The icons are there already.

We need some more work on the menu-layout, I used those submitted by
kpiroumian@flagship.ru but they seem too much book-oriented to me (i.e.
designed for really lenghty documents).

I'll clean up the Forrest logo tomorrow - I suppose we'll stick with the
current design since no-one fiercely objected.

As far as running Forrest for other projects is concerned, I suggest we
start bugging Sam for nagoya-access? Or gump.covalent.net? Or perhaps
include Forrest-site-generation in Gump runs? Sam, what do you think?

Regards,

</Steven>