Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Srimanth Gunturi <sr...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/11 09:27:04 UTC

New Hadoop Eclipse functionality

Hello,
I wanted to invite all users and developers to try out the new Hadoop
functionality in Eclipse. Initial features include a HDFS Explorer (built
on top of Eclipse File System), and a ZooKeeper explorer. The project can
be accessed at http://people.apache.org/~srimanth/hadoop-eclipse/.

Please open new feature requests, issues, comments and questions at
https://github.com/srimanth-gunturi/hadoop-eclipse/issues.

This project is created under the Apache 2.0 License. Developers are
welcome to contribute and extend on this project. The project has been
created with extensibility and support for multiple Hadoop versions in mind.

Requesting the community to use and strengthen this project, to provide
better tools in the Hadoop environment.
Best regards,
Srimanth

Re: New Hadoop Eclipse functionality

Posted by Srimanth Gunturi <sr...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Henry,
The URL is supposed to be entered into Eclipse's dialogs for
installing/updating new software as mentioned in the Download section.
Eclipse automatically finds the various files it needs relative to that URL.
This is documented in Eclipse help sections (
http://help.eclipse.org/juno/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.user/tasks/tasks-127.htm
).
Hope that helps.
Regards,
Srimanth

Posted by Srimanth Gunturi <sr...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Henry,

Posted by Srimanth Gunturi <sr...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Henry,

Posted by Srimanth Gunturi <sr...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Henry,

Posted by Henry Junyoung Kim <he...@gmail.com>.
Can anybody download the plugin from the update-site?

the body from the url is empty.
(people.apache.org/~srimanth/hadoop-eclipse/update-site/)

<head>
<title>Srimanth Gunturi</title>
</head>

Posted by maisnam ns <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Srimanth,

Will try it on my system, anyways thanks for sharing it, much needed.

Regards
Niranjan Singh

Posted by Srimanth Gunturi <sr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Harsh,
Thank you for pointing to HDT incubator project. I was not aware of its
existence.

I am working on a WebHDFS adapter which will begin supporting Hadoop-2
HDFS.
I hope to provide that capability soon.
Regards,
Srimanth