Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2008/06/21 21:38:06 UTC

Separated xsd files by release versions

Hi,

We should kept separated xsd files by release versions and use them in relative xml files.
For instance my XML editor is reporting an error in  "<if-empty field-name..."  when working in release4.0 (this has recently changed to field)

Jacques

Re: Separated xsd files by release versions

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "David E Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>

> To be honest my vote would be to not have ANY files on the server and
> always use local references.

Yes this sounds reasonable enough

> The only real alternative would be to tightly control all changes to
> these files and require new versions of them to be published with
> version numbers in the file names, and keep ALL old ones around (in
> other words, we wouldn't allow them to change very often).
>
> We could have a separate site folder for release 4.0, but have those
> ones even stayed the same since the release? :(

I think that having one version by release on a server is also a solution, but using xsd local files sounds easier from our POV

Interesting side note, thanks

Jacques

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.