Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "Eric M. Hopper" <ho...@omnifarious.org> on 2003/02/11 01:28:31 UTC

Patch to subversion documenation

This is designed to document how to set up read restrictions on portions
of the repository.  It also documents what some of the problems and
caveats currently are.  I'm not a documentation writer, so this could
perhaps be improved greatly.  But, such a section in the documentation
would've saved me 4-5 hours of time spent fiddling around trying to
figure things out.

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they
be properly armed.  -- Alexander Hamilton

Re: Patch to subversion documenation

Posted by cm...@collab.net.
"Eric M. Hopper" <ho...@omnifarious.org> writes:

> This is designed to document how to set up read restrictions on portions
> of the repository.  It also documents what some of the problems and
> caveats currently are.  I'm not a documentation writer, so this could
> perhaps be improved greatly.  But, such a section in the documentation
> would've saved me 4-5 hours of time spent fiddling around trying to
> figure things out.

[...]

> +      <para>If you need to limit access to a portion of the repository,
> +        additional <literal>&lt;Location&gt;</literal>, or
> +        <literal>&lt;LocationMatch&gt;</literal> blocks can be used
> +        for subdirectories in your repository.  You should not include

[...]

Eric, thanks for the well-composed patch.  Unfortunately, we cannot
include the information you provided in the book.  The <LocationMatch>
information you discussed is an implementation detail that is
intentionally undocumented -- it can change at any time.  So we don't
want to encourage usage patterns based on that behavior.