Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de> on 2010/03/25 09:41:36 UTC

Google Summer of Code 2010

This is to the students among you.

As in the years before, Google is sponsoring the Google Summer of Code [1]. The Apache Software
Foundation has been accepted as a GSoC Organization which means that projects inside the ASF can
come up with tasks that they'd like to see implemented by a participating student. An ASF-wide list
of available tasks can be found at [2].

Of course we have come up with some Tapestry-specific tasks as well which can be found at [3]. They
include JPA and EJB3 integration and more nifty components. Thiago and I will be mentoring students
that whish to carry out those tasks.

The benefits for students are manyfold:

- get in touch with a real open source software project
- learn how to develop software in a truely distributed team
- get a $5000 stipend

Google will accept applications between March 29th and April 9th, so go to [1] and get familiar with
GSoC, discuss your ideas for an application with us and apply for a stipend with GSoC!

Cheers,

Uli

[1] http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/program/home/google/gsoc2010
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12314021
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12314122

Re: Google Summer of Code 2010

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.
In the meantime you can manually search the issue tracker for Tapestry 5 issues labeled with gsoc.

Uli

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.

Posted by Markus Feindler <Ma...@gmx.de>.
The last issue

Posted by Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de>.
2010/3/26 Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>:
> I can't tell since I didn't have a look. One of the tasks for a student
> would be to assess existing third-party code and work with the author
> towards an integration...

You should have a look, there really is not much work left for a
student to do. I would propose to rather put them on topics where no
solution is available yet. Like transaction support, CDI integration,
and so on...

                  Piero

Re: Google Summer of Code 2010

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.