Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Chien Wei Tan <Ch...@calytrix.com> on 2001/09/19 05:51:29 UTC

duplicates in log

hi

i m using PropertyConfigurator and logging to the Console, using
ConsoleAppender in my configuration file.

i found that the log messages in classes, that aggregate or inherit from
other classes, are being duplicated.

does anyone know how to avoid or prevent having duplicate logs getting
displayed???

thanks in advance,
cw

Re: duplicates in log

Posted by Paul Glezen <pg...@atdial.net>.
Chien Wei Tan wrote:

> does anyone know how to avoid or prevent having duplicate logs getting
> displayed???

You probably added the console appender to two categories with a
parent/child relationship.  When you log to the child, the appender is
effectively included twice.

- Paul
--
Beware of bugs in the above code.  I have
only proved it correct, not tried it.