Posted to dev@brooklyn.apache.org by Alex Heneveld <al...@cloudsoftcorp.com> on 2014/05/14 10:07:55 UTC

Re: [brooklyn-dev] Object store persistence

+1 -- this will be excellent

re syntax of `--persistenceLocation` are you thinking that's the same
location spec strings we use elsewhere (e.g. named location or jclouds
name):

     --persistenceLocation jclouds:aws-ec2

that is nice and simple.  although this will need extending again to
support platforms such as mongo or riak or couchbase, i think that's fair.

re default path in cloud providers, i'm not a fan of putting everything
in the root!  `PERSISTENCE_DIR` currently defaults to
`brooklyn-persisted-state/data`, see
`BrooklynServerConfig.getPersistenceDir()`; we could use that. (however
the method `getPersistenceDir()` will need refactoring to take a cloud
location so that it can tell whether it should be `relativeToBase` (ie
no location) or absolute (in a blobstore or other document store).

best
alex