Posted to adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org by Ramazan VARLIKLI <rv...@innova.com.tr> on 2006/03/30 06:37:25 UTC

showOneTab

Can   showOneTab component work only client side?
I think Server-Side working is useless.
For example
<af:showOneTab >

<af:showDetailItem text="#{res['panel.firma.bilgileri']}"
immediate="false" disclosed="true">
                            <af:inputText label="#{res['firma.id']}"
value="#{ctr_FirmaKayit.firma.myid}" required="true"
disabled="#{ctr_FirmaKayit.isGuncelleme}"/>
                <af:inputText label="#{res['firma.yetkiliAdi']}"
value="#{ctr_FirmaKayit.firma.yetkiliAdi}"/>
</af: showDetailItem>

<af:showDetailItem text="#{res['panel.firma.bilgis]}" immediate="false"
disclosed="true">
                            <af:inputText label="#{res['firma.no']}"
value="#{ctr_FirmaKayit.firma.myid}" required="true"
disabled="#{ctr_FirmaKayit.isGuncelleme}"/>
                <af:inputText label="#{res['firma.soyadi]}"
value="#{ctr_FirmaKayit.firma.soyadi}"/>
</af: showDetailItem>

</af:showOneTab >

The first showDetailItem has an required value so you can not switch to
the next showDetailItem unless you fill all required fields.If immediate
attribute of showDetailItem is true , you can switch to the other
showDetailItems.But any submit occurs,only current showDetailItem values
will be submitted.

Why showDetailItems switch to each others with submit?If we can do this
with Javascript,we will have no problem.I do not understand Why
submitting is required.

GIZLILIK NOTU
Bu e-posta mesaji gizli, hassas bilgi ve/ya da ekler icerebilir. Bu mesaj, mesajin alici kisminda belirtilen kullanici/kullanicilara gonderilmistir. Eger mesaji yanlislikla almissaniz lutfen gondereni acilen bilgilendiriniz, mesaji ve tum kopyalarini siliniz.
Bu mesaj bilinen tum viruslere karsi Symantec Antivirus ile taranmistir.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This email may contain confidential information and/or attachments. This email is intended for the use of the addressee only. If you receive this email by mistake, please advise the sender immediately and delete the email and any copies of it.
This e-mail has been scanned by Symantec Antivirus for all known viruses.

Re: showOneTab

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.
Server-side submission isn't "useless";  in many circumstances,
it's entirely desirable - in particular, if each tab contains a different
expensive database query, you don't want to load and show all
at once.  In your case, I agree it doesn't work well.

-- Adam