Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Jose Alberto Fernandez <JF...@viquity.com> on 2000/08/07 21:48:11 UTC

RE: Would/Can Property's override be configable insteads of hardc ode?

One kind of override blocking that makes little sense is
blocking on sub-project calls. I see no reason why sub-projects
should not be able to override (locally) properties set on the caller
project. After all the meaning of those properties may be quite different
in the subprojects.

The only possible exclussion to this are the properties set as part of
the <ant> task which should behave as a -D definition for the subproject.

With this change, a lot of the structured property manipulation that some
people are trying to do can be done fairly easy. Without changing the core
at all.

Jose Alberto