Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by "Golota S.V." <sg...@turgai.kz.INVALID> on 2021/03/29 03:46:39 UTC

upgrade guacamole 1.2.0 to 1.3.0

Hello! want to upgrade my guacamole 1.2.0 (debian 10, AD-auth, NGINX) to
1.3.0 how to approach this issue?

Re: upgrade guacamole 1.2.0 to 1.3.0

Posted by "Евгений Н. Жуков" <eu...@gmail.com>.
Have you updated sql schema?

--
Евгений Жуков
+79534155676  skype: xrt_nn

Re: upgrade guacamole 1.2.0 to 1.3.0

Posted by "Golota S.V." <sg...@turgai.kz.INVALID>.

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 10:41 PM Golota S.V. <sg...@turgai.kz.invalid>
wrote:

> Thanks Michael it helped! tell me you don’t know how to apply this fix to
> all settings (globally) taking into account that strings are stored in
> mysql?

There is no way in the Administrative interface to modify these values
globally, for all connections. You could do it at the database level,
though, using a couple of queries to get all of the configured RDP
connections from the guacamole_connection table and then insert a row into
the guacamole_connection_parameter table that disables the glyph cache.

That said, the next version of Guacamole Server will forcibly disable the
glyph cache, regardless of the connection parameter setting:

https://github.com/apache/guacamole-server/pull/324

You could apply this patch to the guacamole-server code that you've
compiled by doing the following in the guacamole-server source code tree:

wget https://github.com/apache/guacamole-server/pull/324.diff
patch -p1 < 324.diff

Then "make clean", make, and "make install", and restart guacd.

-Nick

Re: upgrade guacamole 1.2.0 to 1.3.0

Posted by "Golota S.V." <sg...@turgai.kz.INVALID>.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@glyptodon.com>.

Posted by "Golota S.V." <sg...@turgai.kz.INVALID>.
solved this problem:
systemctl start tomcat9 guacd
removed / var / lib / tomcat9 / webapps / guacamole re-compiled server 1.3.0

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@glyptodon.com>.

Posted by "Golota S.V." <sg...@turgai.kz.INVALID>.
installation itself (server compilation is easy) as well as copy / paste
client (guacamole.war)
a mistake can be made toko in a sequence that I do not follow
however, I keep getting the error:

[main] ERROR o.a.g.extension.ExtensionModule - Extension
"guacamole-auth-jdbc-mysql-1.3.0.jar" could not be loaded: Extension
"MySQL Authentication" is not compatible with this version of Guacamole.
[main] DEBUG o.a.g.extension.ExtensionModule - Unable to load extension.
[info] org.apache.guacamole.GuacamoleServerException: Extension "MySQL
Authentication" is not compatible with this version of Guacamole.

this despite the fact that the server is running and the version is correct:

Linux rdp 4.19.0-13-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.160-2 (2020-11-28) x86_64

The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
Last login: Fri Apr  2 08:02:35 2021 from #.#.#.#
root@rdp:~# nano  /var/log/tomcat9/catalina.out
root@rdp:~# systemctl statusguacd
Unknown operation statusguacd.
root@rdp:~# systemctl status guacd
● guacd.service - LSB: Guacamole proxy daemon
    Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/guacd; generated)
    Active: active (running) since Fri 2021-04-02 08:44:08 +05; 55s ago
      Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
   Process: 470 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/guacd start (code=exited,
status=0/SUCCESS)
     Tasks: 1 (limit: 4700)
    Memory: 15.0M
    CGroup: /system.slice/guacd.service
            └─579 /usr/local/sbin/guacd -p /var/run/guacd.pid

апр 02 08:44:08 rdp systemd[1]: Starting LSB: Guacamole proxy daemon...
апр 02 08:44:08 rdp guacd[471]: Guacamole proxy daemon (guacd) version
1.3.0 started
апр 02 08:44:08 rdp guacd[470]: Starting guacd: guacd[471]: INFO:
Guacamole proxy daemon (guacd) version 1.3.0 started
апр 02 08:44:08 rdp guacd[470]: SUCCESS
апр 02 08:44:08 rdp systemd[1]: Started LSB: Guacamole proxy daemon.
апр 02 08:44:08 rdp guacd[579]: Listening on host 127.0.0.1, port 4822

Posted by "Golota S.V." <sg...@turgai.kz.INVALID>.
help solve the problem, look at the log and tell you the reason for the
AD user authentication error via the mysql database after the update to
version 1.3.0

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Golota S.V." <sg...@turgai.kz.INVALID>.

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Golota Sergey <sg...@turgai.kz.INVALID>.
used the installation script

https://github.com/MysticRyuujin/guac-install

Hello! want to upgrade my guacamole 1.2.0 (debian 10, AD-auth, NGINX) to
1.3.0 how to approach this issue?

How is Guacamole installed in your case? Did you deploy the .war beneath Tomcat and build guacamole-server from source? Or are you using the Docker images?

Michael Jumper

CEO, Lead Developer

Glyptodon Inc <https://enterprise.glyptodon.com/> .

Re: upgrade guacamole 1.2.0 to 1.3.0