Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org> on 2009/02/09 16:10:07 UTC

Tuning tips for using DB2 with junit tests?

Does anyone have tuning tips for using DB2 with the
openjpa-persistence-jdbc junit tests?  I didn't find any mention of
suggested config settings in the latest User's Guide.  I tried running
the junit tests with DB2 8.1.17 Express on WinXP (Dual Core w/ 2GB RAM)
and got a lot of connection errors, even after upping the number of
local maxappls to 20 (but had the memory usage capped at 500MB.)

I'm going to try DB2 9.5 Express-C next, but was wondering if there were
any setup or config steps to follow when creating the DB to use with for
the junit tests?

Thanks,
Donald

Re: Tuning tips for using DB2 with junit tests?

Posted by MiƂosz Tylenda <mt...@o2.pl>.
Donald,

Also, you can try the following DBCP settings:

<dbcp.args>MaxActive=100,MaxIdle=10,MaxWait=10000,timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis=2000,minEvictableIdleTimeMillis=1000</dbcp.args>

I use them successfully with a default installation of DB2 9.1 Express-C/Linux.

Cheers,
Milosz

Posted by catalina wei <ca...@gmail.com>.
The DB2 versions you are using might perform better with following property
settings in persistence.xml:

<property name="openjpa.ConnectionRetainMode", value="always" />
<property name="openjpa.jdbc.TransactionIsolation", value="read-committed"
/>

Catalina