Posted to user@hive.apache.org by John Sichi <js...@facebook.com> on 2009/12/22 02:20:26 UTC

adding view support to Hive (HIVE-972)

Hey there,

After some basic experimentation for this feature, I've written up a wiki page with some of the issues to be resolved during development:

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/ViewDev

If you have opinions about the functionality you'd like to see, please comment in either JIRA or directly in the wiki page, and I'll work through them.

Thanks,
JVS

Re: adding view support to Hive (HIVE-972)

Posted by John Sichi <js...@facebook.com>.
Partitioned views would be part of materialized view support, which is out of scope.  The JIRA issue mentions this, but I'll update the wiki page to make it explicit.

JVS

On Dec 21, 2009, at 5:43 PM, "Prasad Chakka" <pc...@facebook.com>> wrote:

> a view definition is supposed to be frozen at the time it is created
I am assuming partioned views are supported. Does this apply to partitions as well?

From: John Sichi <<j...@facebook.com>>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 17:20:26 -0800
To: <<h...@hadoop.apache.org>>
Subject: adding view support to Hive (HIVE-972)