Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Manoj Kithany <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2002/09/05 14:45:49 UTC

Libtool Error!!!- mod_jk

Hi Experts,

I am getting following LIBTOOL Errors - wonder why. DO any of you Experts
know how to tackle that - would appreciate that.

I already have libtool on my system.

The Error I get is:
# make
Making all in common
Target "all" is up to date.
Making all in apache-1.3
      /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=install cp  `pwd`/mod_jk.so
libtool: install: you must specify a destination
Try `libtool --help --mode=install' for more information.

Stop.

Stop.
#

Would really appreciate if you could share it with me.

THANKS!

Manoj G. Kithany

Re: Libtool Error!!!- mod_jk

Posted by Raja Sreekanth <sr...@inucom.com>.
By the way what this LIBTOOL do.

Sreekanth.
I am getting following LIBTOOL Errors - wonder why. DO any of you Experts
know how to tackle that - would appreciate that.

I already have libtool on my system.

The Error I get is:
# make
Making all in common
Target "all" is up to date.
Making all in apache-1.3
      /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=install cp  `pwd`/mod_jk.so
libtool: install: you must specify a destination
Try `libtool --help --mode=install' for more information.

Stop.

Stop.
#

Would really appreciate if you could share it with me.

THANKS!

Manoj G. Kithany

For additional commands, e-mail:
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: Libtool Error!!!- mod_jk

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
Manoj Kithany wrote:
> Hi Experts,
>
> I am getting following LIBTOOL Errors - wonder why. DO any of you
> Experts know how to tackle that - would appreciate that.
>
> I already have libtool on my system.
>
> The Error I get is:
> # make
> Making all in common
> Target "all" is up to date.
> Making all in apache-1.3
>      /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=install cp  `pwd`/mod_jk.so
> libtool: install: you must specify a destination

That is clearly a make problem (you need gnu make) but not a libtool problem.
+++
mod_jk.so: mod_jk.la
         $(LIBTOOL) --mode=install cp $< `pwd`/$@
+++
The $< has been eaten.

Re: [users@httpd] Libtool Error!!!- mod_jk

Posted by "John P. Dodge" <do...@cruciate.ca.boeing.com>.
See my reply on the tomcat-users.

I had this same issue, try doing a make clean or make distclean and rerun
buildconf.sh. You could also specify HOST=<systype> on the configure line
(configure --help will help).  It seemed to me that this comes up when
configure or libtool is having trouble sniffing out the system type. I
seem to remember that the make clean and rerun buildconf.sh is what
worked.

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Manoj Kithany wrote:

> Hi Experts,
>
> I am getting following LIBTOOL Errors - wonder why. DO any of you Experts
> know how to tackle that - would appreciate that.
>
> I already have libtool on my system.
>
> The Error I get is:
> # make
> Making all in common
> Target "all" is up to date.
> Making all in apache-1.3
>       /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=install cp  `pwd`/mod_jk.so
> libtool: install: you must specify a destination
> Try `libtool --help --mode=install' for more information.
> make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.
>
> Stop.
> make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.
>
> Stop.
> #
>
> Would really appreciate if you could share it with me.
>
> THANKS!
>
> Manoj G. Kithany

"Mon aƩroglisseur est plein d'anguilles"
John P. Dodge
Boeing Shared Services