Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by 02...@brookes.ac.uk on 2003/07/16 13:39:13 UTC

Re: {requestQuery} from RequestParamAction not working in command line

Hi

Perhaps you need to pass the parameters to the stylesheet
individually rather than attempting to concatonate beforehand.

e.g.

<map:parameter name="fileURI" value="{requestURI}" />
<map:parameter name="fileQuery" value="{requestQuery}" />

gef

p.s. I use "{$requestURI}" syntax, don't know if that makes a
difference

> Hi to all,
>
> I have one small problem using the RequestParamAction in
command line mode (I am using
Cocoon 2.04).
> As documented in a article in cocooncenter.de, when using the
RequestParamAction,
> the vars {requestURI} (containing the request without params)
and {requestQuery} (the
query string) should
> be available to use in the sitemap. I am trying to do this in
mine:

>  <map:match pattern="*.html">
>     <map:act type="request">
>      <map:parameter name="parameters" value="true"/>
>      <map:aggregate element="pagina-ext">
>       <map:part src="cocoon://menu.xml" />
>       <map:part src="cocoon://{../1}.xml" />
>      </map:aggregate>
>      <map:transform src="stylesheets/pagina2xhtml.xsl" >
>               <map:parameter name="file"
value="{requestURI}{requestQuery}" />
>      </map:transform>
>      <map:serialize type="html" />
>    </map:act>
>  </map:match>
>
> The previous example should set the complete request string
(for example
"news.html?param1=a&param2=b")
> available to the XSL stylesheet as the variable "file". But in
my stylesheets this
variable only contains the requestURI (like
> "news.html"). Is this a known bug in the command line
environment or am I doing something
wrong? If it is the first case,

Posted by Artur Matos <am...@create.human.nagoya-u.ac.jp>.
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 11:39:13 GB
02068452@brookes.ac.uk wrote:

Hi,

> Perhaps you need to pass the parameters to the stylesheet
> individually rather than attempting to concatonate beforehand.
> <map:parameter name="fileURI" value="{requestURI}" />
> <map:parameter name="fileQuery" value="{requestQuery}" />

Yes, unfortunately, I have tried that also, but with doesn't work.

> p.s. I use "{$requestURI}" syntax, don't know if that makes a
> difference

Do you use this "{$requestURI}" sintax in the sitemap or
in the stylesheet? I have tried that syntax in the sitemap and it also doesn't work.

In the stylesheets, I use (following your example) something like <xsl:value-of select="$fileQuery" /> to acess
the value, with <xsl:param name="fileQuery">empty</xsl:param> on top of the stylesheet. The most
interesting thing is that Cocoon does indeed replaces the value of the fileQuery param in the stylesheet, but with an empty
string. Maybe this is a bug in the commmand line environment?

Best regards,

Artur Matos.