Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Ludwig Magnusson <lu...@itcatapult.com> on 2011/01/17 22:30:39 UTC

First (real) commit

Hello!

I have been meaning to get something done in turbine/fulcrum now for a few
days. I have looked at the code and tried to learn about the new way of
using services.

Anyway. Thought I might do something easy just to get me started so I
checked out fulcrum-parser and added a few tests to BaseValueParser just to
try something. Hopefully I will do some more advanced stuff soon. I
appreciate any feedback you give me on the process of committing writing
code testing and working together.

/Ludwig

RE: First (real) commit

Posted by Ludwig Magnusson <lu...@itcatapult.com>.
About the issues...

Scheduler:

Could we not solve this as you did with the security service and keep the
2.3.3 implementation? Later, if there is time and resources we could
implement a standalone service.

I really think a complete working package is worth much more than splitting
up the parts the right way. Another thing is that for projects using turbine
2.3.3, the move to T4 is less painful if they do not need to change all the
services at one time. The migration will probably be easier if it's done one
step at a time.

I'm not sure if T4-M1 is meant for production environments though..

TurbineServiceProvider:

Actually I'm currently trying to figure out how to get hold of serveices
outside of Servicable objects.

I have not found any counterpart to
TurbineServices.getInstance().getService().

Maven2 build:

Seems to work with tests today. or am I missing something?

/Ludwig

wrote something about what I see missing until we can get a 4.0
milestone out. I addressed the security issue by copying the 2.3.3 code
over. The rest is still pending.

Bye, Thomas.

Re: First (real) commit

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.