Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> on 2003/12/01 12:07:39 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Struts Menu 2.0 Released!

This release is a significant refactoring of the 1.x codebase.  The
source
and site is now built using Maven.  Menus can now be defined using
Velocity
templates and support has been added for looking up dynamic values.
This
means that if you have ${variableName} in your menu-config.xml (in a
link),
the tag library will look in all scopes for a variable with the name
"variableName".  The example app has been updated to improve
documentation.

IMO, the Velocity templates is huge because it means "if it's possible
with
HTML" - it's possible with Struts Menu.

Changes (http://struts-menu.sourceforge.net/changes-report.html):

- Renamed package structure to net.sf.navigator.
- Added support for using Struts' actions and forwards for links in
  menu-config.xml.
- Added support for using dynamic variables in menu-config.xml.
- Updated build process to use Maven for building/deploying.
- Refactored to use Velocity and allow dynamic variable substitution.

Read the nitty-gritty details about the Velocity enhancements at
http://raibledesigns.com/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=StrutsMenu.

Demo: http://raibledesigns.com/struts-menu
Download: http://tinyurl.com/x6p9

Enjoy!

Matt

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Struts Menu 2.0 Released!

Posted by David Chelimsky <da...@chelimsky.org>.
Matt,

I'm using Maven to build my project and I see the 2.0 jar is not yet
deployed to the maven repository
(http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/struts-menu/jars/). Do you plan to have it
there? If so, when?

Thx

Posted by Kwok Peng Tuck <pe...@makmal.net>.
Wow, pretty nice and good looking, thanks for the heads up Matt.

FYI in Mozilla 1.4, the coolmenu4 example looks a bit messed up.

Posted by Vic Cekvenich <ce...@basebeans.com>.
It's in the navigator package.
(but no need for CVS, you can just use the jar and look at the war example).
.V

Posted by snpe <sn...@snpe.co.yu>.
Hello,