Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Clemens Stolle <cl...@fastmail.com> on 2015/12/19 17:53:40 UTC

CouchDB on DigitalOcean

Hey there,
yesterday, Jan said something like „sweet, 0 to CouchDB cluster in 120 seconds“ on IRC. That got me thinking.
Currently there is no pure CouchDB SaaS offering (at least that I’m aware of). Don’t worry, I’m not proposing we’d build something like that. ;)

It would be pretty sweet though, if we were able to offer a DigitalOcean image (or "one-click app“ as they call it). That'd get us from 0 to CouchDB in 55s. :D
Is that something the community would be interested in?

DO is arguably the easiest VPS provider and really popular in the developer community. It would also benefit projects like PouchDB, because interested users could easily spin up an instance and test out that whole replication/syncing miracle. Also MongoDB, Redis and others are already present on DO.

I have no idea you we’d go about doing that, though. Does anyone know folks at DO?

Cheers,
Clemens

Re: CouchDB on DigitalOcean

Posted by Johs Ensby <jo...@b2w.com>.
Bill & Clemens,
to have a sharable CouchDB server image on DO is what I have been looking at, too.

Wrote an article while working on this compareing AWS AMI or DigitalOcean, and intended to continuou as soon as 2-0 /1.7 is here
https://medium.com/p/b7b320fb6bae/ <https://medium.com/p/b7b320fb6bae/>

The idea of doing build for each server is old fasion, the CouchDB server should be a server image.
DO is the simple version of AWS when it comes to these things

Johs

Re: CouchDB on DigitalOcean

Posted by Johs Ensby <jo...@b2w.com>.
Bill & Clemens,