Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by John Kramer <Jo...@panerabread.com> on 2019/07/23 17:55:39 UTC

jcr:lastModified

I am somewhat new to jackrabbit. One unpleasant surprise I’ve encountered is that there is no true modified date (unlike most filesystems, and databases both SQL and no-SQL). It seems that some processes jcr:lastModified is updated but that jackrabbit itself doesn’t keep with property up-to-date.

Are there plans to fix this omission in the future?

John Kramer
Java Software Engineer
E-Commerce Web Team
e: john.kramer@panerabread.com<ma...@panera.com>
m: 314-435-2370

Re: lastModified

Posted by Andrew Khoury <ak...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Hi John,
Per the JCR specification [1], if jcr:lastModified property isn't protected, (which in Oak and Jackrabbit it is not) then it has to be managed by the application.  See these links for details:
[1] https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/spec/jcr/2.0/3_Repository_Model.html#3.7.11.8%20mix:lastModified
[2] https://stackoverflow.com/questions/28334796/is-there-a-way-to-modify-a-jcr-node-without-changing-its-timestamp/28355547#comment60598993_28355547 - see the comment by Alexander Klimetschek

Thanks,
Andrew