Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com> on 2015/06/05 18:02:52 UTC

Spark 1.3

All the distros are on Spark 1.3 now and I’m getting push from users about this. The last release works mostly on Spark 1.3 but is not built for it.

I’d like to flip the switch on master, which is the 11.0-SNAPSHOT to build for Spark 1.3, this will disable the shell build for the time being. To use the shell you will have to run the 10.x build on Spark 1.2

Does anyone object?

Re: Spark 1.3

Posted by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com>.
The shell will still be available on 0.10.x releases and in the 0.10.x branch build-form-source. It will be re-enabled in the master so is only temporarily disabled in the master snapshot.

On Jun 5, 2015, at 9:06 AM, Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

Copying user@m.a.o; anyone currently using the spark shell?

Fwd: Spark 1.3

Re: Spark 1.3

Posted by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com>.
BTW it will be in a PR for review prior.

Re: Spark 1.3

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.
+1 as long as there's no major outcry on the lists.

Re: Spark 1.3

Posted by Suneel Marthi <sm...@apache.org>.
+1, fine by me