Posted to dev@hudi.apache.org by "vbalaji@apache.org" <vb...@apache.org> on 2019/10/05 01:14:52 UTC

[VOTE] Release 0.5.0-incubating, release candidate #5

Hi everyone,We have a new release candidate for first release of Apache Hudi (incubating). The version is : 0.5.0-incubating-rc5. Please note that previous release candidates RC#3 and RC#4 were not sent for voting as we discovered compliance issues before we could send them for voting. These issues were subsequently fixed as part of PR-935 and  PR-939 and RC#5 has been builtWe also have a new release validation script available in master to automate the usual checks.  To run this
   - If you have not checkout out hudi, please do
      - git clone git@github.com:apache/incubator-hudi.git;

   - If you already have hudi, please do

   - git checkout master  && git pull origin master

   - cd incubator-hudi/scripts;
   - ./release/validate_staged_release.sh --release=0.5.0 --rc_num=5

Please review and vote on the release candidate #5 for the version 0.5.0, as follows:[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)
The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
   - JIRA release notes [1]
   - The official Apache source release and binary convenience releases to be deployed to dist.apache.org [2], which are signed with the key with fingerprint AF9BAF79D311A3D3288E583F24A499037262AAA4  [3],

   - all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4]

   - source code tag "release-0.5.0-incubating-rc5" [5]

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
Please cast your votes before *Oct. 9 2019, 19:00 PST*.

It is adopted by majority approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.
   - https://jira.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12322822&version=12346087
   - https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hudi/hudi-0.5.0-incubating-rc5/
   - https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/hudi/KEYS
   - https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehudi-1005/
   - https://github.com/apache/incubator-hudi/tree/release-0.5.0-incubating-rc5
Thanks,Balaji.V

Re: [VOTE] Release 0.5.0-incubating, release candidate #5

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.
+1 to start VOTE on general@

Posted by vino yang <ya...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

- checkout source code & run "mvn clean package" [OK]
- run "mvn test" under hudi-client module[OK]
- checked release note[OK]
- checked signatures[OK]

IMO, before the next release, we may need to check the consistency of
multilingual documents.

Best,
Vino

vbalaji@apache.org <vb...@apache.org> 于2019年10月10日周四 下午1:06写道:

Posted by "vbalaji@apache.org" <vb...@apache.org>.

Posted by "vbalaji@apache.org" <vb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.
-0 (binding)

Posted by Udit Mehrotra <ud...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non binding)

- Checksum [OK]
- Signatures [OK]
- mvn clean install [OK]
- Our own COW and MOR test jobs succeed

Thanks,
Udit Mehrotra
AWS | EMR

Posted by Prasanna Rajaperumal <pr...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by nishith agarwal <n3...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Bhavani Sudha Saktheeswaran <bh...@uber.com.INVALID>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Gurudatt Kulkarni <gu...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Ran the script ./release/validate_staged_release.sh --release=0.5.0
--rc_num=5

Posted by leesf <le...@gmail.com>.
+1(non-binding).