Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Derek Hohls <dh...@csir.co.za> on 2006/01/12 10:32:37 UTC

Session Attribute data not set?

I have a Cocoon app which is running fine on my development
machine (Windows XP; Cocoon 2.1.8) - but fails on the server
(Windows 2003 Server / SP1, also Cocoon 2.1.8).   After some
debugging, the cause seems to be that the session attributes
are not being set; in flow I use this syntax:

cocoon.session.setAttribute("year",Year);

Why would this work on one system but not on another??

Thanks
Derek

views of the CSIR.

CSIR E-mail Legal Notice

CSIR Copyright, Terms and Conditions

HelpDesk@csir.co.za.

and is believed to be clean.

Problem with Event Handler

Posted by Peter Neu <pe...@gmx.net>.
Hello,

I got some trouble using the event handlers introduced in car selector
example:

Somehow I can't get the event handler to work the form definition looks like
this:

<fd:widgets>
           <fd:field id="allUsers" required="true">
            <fd:label>allUsers</fd:label>
            <fd:datatype base="string"/>
	      <fd:selection-list >
                <fd:item value="1"/>
                <fd:item value="2"/>
                <fd:item value="3"/>
            </fd:selection-list>
            <fd:on-value-changed>
                <fd:javascript>
                     var msg = this.lookupWidget("../message");
                     msg.value = "Selecting.";
                   </fd:javascript>
            </fd:on-value-changed>
        </fd:field>

        <fd:output id="message" initial-value="Nothing new happened">
            <fd:datatype base="string"/>
            <fd:on-value-changed>
                <fd:javascript>
                    java.lang.System.err.println("Message changed to ");
                </fd:javascript>
            </fd:on-value-changed>
        </fd:output>
    </fd:widgets>
</fd:form>

The template looks like this.:

    <content>
        <ft:form-template action="index" method="POST">
            <ft:continuation-id/>
            <fi:group>
                <fi:styling layout="columns"/>
                <fi:items>
                        <ft:widget id="allUsers">
                        <fi:styling submit-on-change="true"/>
                    </ft:widget>
                 <ft:widget id="message"/>
                 <ft:widget id="submitIt"/>
                </fi:items>
            </fi:group>
         </ft:form-template>
    </content>
</page>

Why is this not working? I also noticed that in my flow script I can't call
the widget values. Like this:

  var wid = form.getWidget();
    wid.make.value = cocoon.parameters.defaultMake;

Cheers,

Pete

Re: Session Attribute data not set?

Posted by Jeroen Reijn <j....@hippo.nl>.
Hi Derek,

just a wild guess, but could it have anything to do with security on your server?

Reijn