Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Craig Tataryn <Cr...@msdw.com> on 2001/03/01 17:21:47 UTC

toString()

Hi there, I'm new to the group and new to Xerces.  Previously I was
using the old Sun xml parser (I believe) and one of the key features I
relied on was the toString() method that their version of NodeImpl
implemented.  If you called it, it would pass you back a string
containing the XML for the node and all it's child nodes.

I noticed that Xerces does not support the toString() method in this
manner.  I did however find out about the DOMWriter support class.  This
is all well and good, but the environment I am in only has the
xerxes.jar file on the class path, not the samples.  I could strip the
classes out and include them with my application, but then I would have
to do this for all my apps.

I guess my question is:  Will the DOMWriter be included in future builds
of the general Xerxes.jar file?  And further to this, will NodeImpl use
the DOMWriter to return a string implemention in it's toString() method?

Thanks,

<tataryn:craig>

--
I've been trying to change the world for years, but they just won't give
me the source code....

Re: toString()

Posted by Craig Tataryn <Cr...@msdw.com>.
Thank you thank you thank you!  Worked like a charm!

<tataryn:craig/>

Posted by se...@cern.ch.