Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Flink Developer <de...@protonmail.com> on 2018/11/16 08:41:13 UTC

How to get Kafka record's timestamp using Flink's KeyedDeserializationSchema?

Hi, I have a flink app which uses the FlinkKafkaConsumer.

I am interested in retrieving the Kafka timestamp for a given record/offset using the *KeyedDeserializationSchema* which provides topic, partition, offset and message.

How can the timestamp be obtained through this interface?

Thank you

Re: How to get Kafka record's timestamp using Flink's KeyedDeserializationSchema?

Posted by Flink Developer <de...@protonmail.com>.
Thanks. Is there an alternative way to obtain the Kafka record timestamps using FlinkKafkaConsumer?

Posted by Andrey Zagrebin <an...@data-artisans.com>.
Hi,

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-8500 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-8500>