Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dmitri Ilyin <il...@googlemail.com> on 2009/02/16 14:49:43 UTC

maven-eclipse-plugin

Hallo,

i wanted to use maven-eclipse-plugin with Eclipse 3.4. After short tries i
have found out that it only support WTP 1.5. The actual version of Eclipse
WTP is 3.x

After that i find that the last version of plugin is 10 month old.

What ist he status oft he plugin? Is it still in developing? If no, are
there any alternatives? I'm new in maven  and looking for eclipse support
for maven.

Thanks

Dmitri

Re: maven-eclipse-plugin

Posted by Martin Höller <ma...@xss.co.at>.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=maven+eclipse+plugin+next+release

Re: maven-eclipse-plugin

Posted by Dmitri Ilyin <il...@googlemail.com>.
hi,

Re: maven-eclipse-plugin

Posted by Martin Höller <ma...@xss.co.at>.
Hi!

Re: maven-eclipse-plugin

Posted by Dmitri Ilyin <il...@googlemail.com>.
hi,
yes i want to tell maven to generate eclipse project for
me. Maven-eclipse-plugin does it well if it is a simple java project.
What i need is eclipse WTP project. It supports it too but in the older
version. I have tried it. The generated eclipse WTP project was
not 100% correct (i got problems with classpath) and the projects was not to
100% eclipse WTP conform.
Well, after that i investigated this issue and found out that
the Maven-eclipse-plugin generates only for an older version of WTP and that
the last release was 10 months ago.
My  particular requirement is to build pom with that i could just generate
WTP project for eclipse 3.x and don't need to manipulate this after that. We
have this requirement, couse we want to use not only eclipse but also
netbeans if someone in our team likes, so we want to use maven's pom as the
primary project format. The netbeans integration of maven seems to be better
supported for the time being, so i'm loooking for a way for it also for
eclipse.

RE: maven-eclipse-plugin

well, this is an eclipse plugin, i need maven plugin.....

2009/2/16 Jason van Zyl <jv...@sonatype.com>

> http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/

On 16-Feb-09, at 8:49 AM, Dmitri Ilyin wrote:

> Hallo,
>

> i wanted to use maven-eclipse-plugin with Eclipse 3.4. After short
> tries i have found out that it only support WTP 1.5. The actual
> version of Eclipse WTP is 3.x
>
> After that i find that the last version of plugin is 10 month old.
>
> What ist he status oft he plugin? Is it still in developing? If no,
> are there any alternatives? I'm new in maven  and looking for eclipse
> support for maven.
>

> Thanks
>
> Dmitri

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is

Re: maven-eclipse-plugin

Posted by Siarhei Dudzin <si...@gmail.com>.
Sure, I *am* using it :) just not everywhere...

Speaking of which, I can't install it:

Update operation has failed
  Error retrieving "plugins/org.eclipse.draw2d_3.4.1.v20080910-1351.jar".
[Server returned HTTP response code: "404 Not Found" for URL:
http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/update/plugins/org.eclipse.draw2d_3.4.1.v20080910-1351.jar
.]
  Server returned HTTP response code: "404 Not Found" for URL:
http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/update/plugins/org.eclipse.draw2d_3.4.1.v20080910-1351.jar
.

Best regards,
Siarhei Dudzin

Re: maven-eclipse-plugin

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.

--
Arnaud

Re: maven-eclipse-plugin

Posted by Siarhei Dudzin <si...@gmail.com>.

Re: maven-eclipse-plugin

Posted by Eugene Kuleshov <eu...@md.pp.ru>.
Dmitri,

  It really doesn't matter if you create projects from the command line of
from inside Eclipse. However being inside Eclipse gives additional
advantages from directly using corresponding tools APIs, such as WTP ones,
so it is more compliant and does not require to reverse engineer WTP config
files like maven-eclipse-plugin does.

  It is basically the same as using Notepad for editing your code instead of
the advanced ide. There are features that Notepad (or command line in this
case) could never provide. For example, I suggest you to look at the WTP
mini howto for m2eclipse to get some idea what kind of integration is
provided, maybe you'd like it better then manually generating configs from
the command line. http://docs.codehaus.org/display/M2ECLIPSE/WTP+mini+howto

  You can also take a look at side-by side comparison of available Maven
integrations for Eclipse
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Eclipse+Integration

  regards,
  Eugene

Re: maven-eclipse-plugin

Posted by Dmitri Ilyin <il...@googlemail.com>.

Re: maven-eclipse-plugin

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.

Re: maven-eclipse-plugin

Posted by Dmitri Ilyin <il...@googlemail.com>.

Re: maven-eclipse-plugin

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@sonatype.com>.
http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/

On 16-Feb-09, at 8:49 AM, Dmitri Ilyin wrote:

> Hallo,
>

> i wanted to use maven-eclipse-plugin with Eclipse 3.4. After short
> tries i
> have found out that it only support WTP 1.5. The actual version of
> Eclipse
> WTP is 3.x
>
> After that i find that the last version of plugin is 10 month old.
>
> What ist he status oft he plugin? Is it still in developing? If no,
> are
> there any alternatives? I'm new in maven  and looking for eclipse
> support
> for maven.
>

> Thanks
>
> Dmitri