Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at> on 2010/10/24 09:05:12 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Commons Exec 1.1 Released

The commons-exec-team is pleased to announce the commons-exec-1.1.jar
release!

A library to reliably execute external processes from within the JVM

Changes in this version include:

New features:

o Adding 'Argument' class and quote the arguments after expansion.
o Added TutorialTest as a playground for new user and removed
   similar code from DefaultExecutorTest.
o Added 'DefaultExecuteResultHandler'

Fixed Bugs:

o OpenVMS now uses symbols instead of logicals for environment variables.
o String substitution handles now java.io.File instances in order to
   create a cross-platform file name.
o The 'forever.bat' accidentally overwrite the 'forever.txt' instead
   of appending.
o Process.waitFor should clear interrupt status when throwing
   InterruptedException  Issue: EXEC-46. Thanks to Zimmermann Nir.
o Because the ExecuteWatchdog is the only way to destroy asynchronous
   processes, it should be possible to set it to an infinite timeout,
   for processes which should not timeout, but manually destroyed
   under some circumstances.  Issue: EXEC-44.

Changes:

o DefaultExecutor() now sets the working directory with the current
   working directory.
o Added 'DefaultExecutorTest#testStdInHandling' to show how
   commons-exec can feed the 'stdin' of a child process.
o Improved the documentation.  Issue: EXEC-42. Thanks to Konrad Windzus.
o Added a new section to the tutorial to show working with asynchronous
   processes. Thanks to Pablo Hoertner.

Have fun!

-commons-exec-team

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Commons Exec 1.1 Released

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <sg...@gmx.at>.
Hi Martin,

you can either check out the project from SVN or use the the following
URL to download the stand-alone test suite

http://people.apache.org/~sgoeschl/download/exec/

Thanks in advance

Siegfried Goeschl

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Phil Steitz <ps...@apache.org>.
On 10/24/10 3:05 AM, Siegfried Goeschl wrote:
> The commons-exec-team is pleased to announce the
> commons-exec-1.1.jar release!
>
> A library to reliably execute external processes from within the JVM
>
> Changes in this version include:
>
> New features:
>
> o Adding 'Argument' class and quote the arguments after expansion.
> o Added TutorialTest as a playground for new user and removed
> similar code from DefaultExecutorTest.
> o Added 'DefaultExecuteResultHandler'
>
> Fixed Bugs:
>
> o OpenVMS now uses symbols instead of logicals for environment
> variables.
> o String substitution handles now java.io.File instances in order to
> create a cross-platform file name.
> o The 'forever.bat' accidentally overwrite the 'forever.txt' instead
> of appending.
> o Process.waitFor should clear interrupt status when throwing
> InterruptedException Issue: EXEC-46. Thanks to Zimmermann Nir.
> o Because the ExecuteWatchdog is the only way to destroy asynchronous
> processes, it should be possible to set it to an infinite timeout,
> for processes which should not timeout, but manually destroyed
> under some circumstances. Issue: EXEC-44.
>
> Changes:
>
> o DefaultExecutor() now sets the working directory with the current
> working directory.
> o Added 'DefaultExecutorTest#testStdInHandling' to show how
> commons-exec can feed the 'stdin' of a child process.
> o Improved the documentation. Issue: EXEC-42. Thanks to Konrad Windzus.
> o Added a new section to the tutorial to show working with asynchronous
> processes. Thanks to Pablo Hoertner.

Full source and binary distributions for the 1.1 release are
available on the Commons Exec download site:

http://commons.apache.org/exec/download_exec.cgi

Please verify signatures using the KEYS file available at the above
location when downloading the release.

Phil

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.