Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by konura <ab...@bluecatnetworks.com> on 2011/01/13 22:15:30 UTC

queue still exist even after removal from conf/activemq.xml

Hello!
I created a queue by writing it in the conf/activemq.xml like this:

<broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core" ..........>

        <destinations>
		  <queue physicalName="auto_244" />
       </destinations>

I could see the queue in web UI and work just fine.
Then I remove it from the activemq.xml file, stopped activemq and ran
activemq.bat to run it again.

The queue still can be seen in the web UI.
I even restarted the server, but futile.

Please help me get read of this obsolete queue.

thanks.

Re: queue still exist even after removal from conf/activemq.xml

Posted by konura <ab...@bluecatnetworks.com>.

artnaseef wrote:

> The Logging broker plugin will tell you when a connected client or broker
> creates a destination:
>
> <broker ...>

>   <plugins>
>       <loggingBrokerPlugin logInternalEvents="true"
> logConnectionEvents="false"/>
>    </plugins>

> </broker>
>
> With this, you will see "Adding destination : ..." messages when
> destinations are created.
>
> Note that logInternalEvents reduces the logged events; use logAll to get
> everything the plugin has to offer.

Thank you very much, artnaseef!

The problem is solved.
Here is the short summary:

As you advised, I enabled logging, removed kahadb dir and restarted.
These are 2 lines among a lot of others I saw:

2011-01-14 16:31:42,635 | INFO  | Adding destination :
Topic:ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer.Queue.pool1_p1_a2 |
org.apache.activemq.broker.util.LoggingBrokerPlugin | ActiveMQ Transport:
tcp:///172.30.208.60:1774
2011-01-14 16:31:42,729 | INFO  | Adding destination :
Topic:ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer.Queue.pool1_p1_a2 |
org.apache.activemq.broker.util.LoggingBrokerPlugin | ActiveMQ Transport:
tcp:///172.30.208.60:1774

I immediately spotted the ip address of some server that is not use now, but
it still runs an agent that has pool1_p1_a2 in jndi.properties and trying to
connect to that queue.

Anyway, I killed the agent and the zombie queue vanished!

Thanks again!

Re: queue still exist even after removal from conf/activemq.xml

Posted by konura <ab...@bluecatnetworks.com>.

artnaseef wrote:

> Is it possible that the startup of ActiveMQ is picking up a config file
> that still has the queue entry?
>
> Can you clear out the kahadb directory and try again?  If it is still
> created from a clean kahadb data directory, something must be triggering
> the creation of the queue (client or config file, that is).
>
> BTW, is this a standalone broker - or are other brokers connecting to this
> one?

thanks.
It's a standalone.
I deleted the /data/kahadb directory and restarted.

The same.

Re: queue still exist even after removal from conf/activemq.xml

Posted by konura <ab...@bluecatnetworks.com>.

Reynald Borer-2 wrote:

> Are there any clients still registered on this destination maybe?
>
> On Friday, January 14, 2011 at 15:13 , konura wrote:
>

>> ives wrote:
>>

>> > Does the queue still contain messages?
>> >

>> Nop
>> --

no.

I have 4 such a zombie queues. I can delete one of them using web interface.
But only 1. What's more, when I restart the service it appears again ( I
mean the deleted queue).

Re: queue still exist even after removal from conf/activemq.xml

Posted by Reynald Borer <re...@gmail.com>.

Posted by konura <ab...@bluecatnetworks.com>.

Posted by ives <iv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by konura <ab...@bluecatnetworks.com>.
Thank you, but I tried it. The queue keeps showing up in the web UI.

Re: queue still exist even after removal from conf/activemq.xml

Posted by Alex Dean <al...@crackpot.org>.
On Jan 13, 2011, at 3:15 PM, konura wrote:

> Please help me get read of this obsolete queue.

In the web admin, visit the Queues page and click the 'Delete' link next to the queue's name.  I see three possible actions for each queue, 'Send To', 'Purge', and 'Delete'.

alex