Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by za...@intrasofttechnologies.com on 2021/02/13 21:56:42 UTC

Multi to Single Row Datatable

Hello Devs,

We have a request to amend a data table already with data from multi-row to
single row.

We don't seem to see how this is possible, if there is anyone who has
successfully changed a datatable before please share steps to go about it.

Will appreciate quick feedback.

Regards;

*******

Zayyad A. Said | Chairman & C.E.O

Cell No.: +254 716 615274 | Skype: zsaid2011

Email:  <ma...@intrasofttechnologies.com>
zayyad@intrasofttechnologies.com

Schedule Meetings:  <https://calendly.com/zayyadsaid>
https://calendly.com/zayyadsaid

Re: [Mifos-developer] Multi to Single Row Datatable

Posted by Francis Guchie <fr...@gmail.com>.
Dear Zayyad,

I mentioned truncating the data on the assumption you still had multi-rows
data for some or all of the record.
Since you have deleted the excess data and i hope you have made sure this
is so, then this is what i think you will do

SELECT * FROM x_registered_table ;
change the category column to a number that represents a single-row table.
Multi-row tables have a category number of 100 (this must have been
hard-coded in fineract / community-app)

My Kind Regards

Francis Guchie Kirago
*Skype:* francisguchie
*Telegram: *232 79 19 44 07
*Whatsapp: *232 79 19 44 07
*LINKEDIN:* https://www.linkedin.com/in/francis-guchie-kirago-a4379617/
twitter: @FrancisGuchie

Posted by James Dailey <ja...@gmail.com>.
Zayyad -

You seem to be trying to accomplish something that is not anticipated in
the application.

As you know from being part of this mifos/fineract community for (I think)
a decade, that it would be better to have you report this as a feature
request or repeatable issue with sufficient information to be of use to the
broader community.

It is best if we all use some common approaches to reporting issues and
getting input.  By jumping to a low level database restriction approach,
this is skipping several important steps of understanding the intent and
the approach.  *Rows in a database table are, by definition, why you have a
database table.*   Write restrictions are normal and probably should be
enforced at a different level.

Step by step guide for getting help is here>>
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/Getting+Help+with+Issue
Perhaps you can explain more?

Thanks,

Posted by V G <vg...@gmail.com>.