Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Bailey, Shane C." <SH...@saic.com> on 2003/05/21 23:39:25 UTC

Anybody run into the problem of errors {0} substitution not worki ng?

I keep getting this:

The following validation errors occured:

*	is required.
*	is required.
*	is required.
*	null is an invalid e-mail address.

Even though I am using "label.xxx" to display the field names (and it
works).

The"null is an invalid e-mail address" is occurring even though I am putting
a word in the form field before submit.

Here is my validation-module1.xml file:

<formset>

    <form name="addUserForm">

    <field property="osUserName"

               depends="required" >

               <arg0 key="label.osUserName" />

    </field>

    <field property="firstName"

               depends="required">

               <arg0 key="label.firstName" />

    </field>

    <field property="lastName"

               depends="required">

               <arg0 name="required" key="label.lastName" />

    </field>

    <field property="genserEmail"

               depends="required,email">

               <arg0 name="required" key="label.lastName" />

    </field>

  </form>

</formset>

Anybody run into the substitution problem ? All else works i.e.

it is validating and letting a@email.com <ma...@email.com>  go through
but not abc typed into the field.