Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jack Sprat <re...@yahoo.com> on 2007/08/07 15:10:55 UTC

[Axis2] NoSuchMethodException

I'm using Axis2 1.2 and have turned on log4j debugging on the root to  display all DEBUG level messages.  I see a NoSuchMethodException  on each request:

  2007-08-06 15:51:42,264 DEBUG DependencyManager - Exception trying to call init
  java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.mycomp.ws.service.producer.ServiceSkeleton.init(org.apache.axis2.context.ServiceContext)
      at java.lang.Class.throwNoSuchMethodException(Class.java:275)
      at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:780)
      at org.apache.axis2.engine.DependencyManager.initServiceClass(DependencyManager.java:53)
      at  org.apache.axis2.receivers.AbstractMessageReceiver.getTheImplementationObject(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:170)

  What is causing this exception?  Is this error anything to be concerned about?

---------------------------------

Re: [Axis2] NoSuchMethodException

Posted by Jack Sprat <re...@yahoo.com>.
Excellent!
  Another reason to get version 1.3...

Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk> wrote:  The issue is fixed in 1.3

Thanks
Deepal

Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> add a dummy method - init(org.apache.axis2.context.ServiceContext)
>
> On 8/7/07, Jack Sprat  wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the quick reply.
>>  Is there any further info. on this exception that you can provide?  Is
>> there anything I can do to prevent it from happening?
>>
>>  Thanks,
>>

>> Davanum Srinivas  wrote:
>>  Safe to ignore this.
>>
>> -- dims
>>
>> On 8/7/07, Jack Sprat wrote:
>>
>>> I'm using Axis2 1.2 and have turned on log4j debugging on the root to
>>> display all DEBUG level messages. I see a NoSuchMethodException on each
>>> request:
>>>
>>> 2007-08-06 15:51:42,264 DEBUG DependencyManager - Exception trying to call
>>> init
>>> java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
>>>

>> com.mycomp.ws.service.producer.ServiceSkeleton.init(org.apache.axis2.context.ServiceContext)
>>
>>> at
>>>

>> java.lang.Class.throwNoSuchMethodException(Class.java:275)
>>
>>> at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:780)
>>> at
>>>

>> org.apache.axis2.engine.DependencyManager.initServiceClass(DependencyManager.java:53)
>>
>>> at
>>>

>> org.apache.axis2.receivers.AbstractMessageReceiver.getTheImplementationObject(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:170)
>>
>>> What is causing this exception? Is this error anything to be concerned
>>> about?
>>>
>>> Thanks,

---------------------------------
Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!

Re: [Axis2] NoSuchMethodException

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
The issue is fixed in 1.3

Thanks
Deepal

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jack Sprat <re...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for the quick reply.

On 8/7/07, Jack Sprat  wrote:
> I'm using Axis2 1.2 and have turned on log4j debugging on the root to
> display all DEBUG level messages.  I see a NoSuchMethodException on each
> request:
>
>  2007-08-06 15:51:42,264 DEBUG DependencyManager - Exception trying to call
> init
>  java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
> com.mycomp.ws.service.producer.ServiceSkeleton.init(org.apache.axis2.context.ServiceContext)
>      at
> java.lang.Class.throwNoSuchMethodException(Class.java:275)
>      at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:780)
>      at
> org.apache.axis2.engine.DependencyManager.initServiceClass(DependencyManager.java:53)
>      at
> org.apache.axis2.receivers.AbstractMessageReceiver.getTheImplementationObject(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:170)
>
>  What is causing this exception?  Is this error anything to be concerned
> about?
>
>  Thanks,

Got a little couch potato?

Re: [Axis2] NoSuchMethodException