Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Fuad Efendi <fu...@efendi.ca> on 2007/02/04 21:04:45 UTC

SOLR-1.1 Performance Tuning

Hello,
Can I send COMMIT and OPTIMIZE concurrently to ADD/DELETE? I temporary send
it via synchronized method call. About 100 adds/deletes per second, commit
each 1000 adds/deletes, and optimize each 10000.
Thanks,
Fuad

Re: SOLR-1.1 Performance Tuning

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
On 2/4/07, Fuad Efendi <fu...@efendi.ca> wrote:
> Hello,
> Can I send COMMIT and OPTIMIZE concurrently to ADD/DELETE?

Yes, but adds will block while a commit or optimize is in progress.

>I temporary send
> it via synchronized method call. About 100 adds/deletes per second, commit
> each 1000 adds/deletes, and optimize each 10000.

You don't need to commit that often really, and you don't need to
optimize until you are all done (assuming an index build and not
incremental updating).

-Yonik