Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by "Olsen, Katherine" <KO...@scitor.com> on 2015/09/17 19:17:15 UTC

HDFS and Marathon

Hi,

I'm attempting to deploy a NiFi instance on Mesos using Apache Marathon.  Currently whenever the NiFi instance is re-started, a new Mesos container is pulled down and serves as the run time environment. This is all good except that the new container has an empty flow file repository.  My preferred solution to avoid this is to use a location on the distributed file system (HDFS) as the flow file repository location.  However, when I attempted to change the configuration file setting in nifi.properties to write to HDFS as follows, it simply created a folder named hdfs:// with associated sub-directories inside the local Mesos container that is running NiFi.

nifi.flowfile.repository.directory = hdfs://ip_address:8020/nifi/flowfile_repository

Is it currently possible to get Nifi to be respectful of the hdfs naming convention and save its flow file repository to a distributed file system like HDFS?  I'm using NiFi version 0.2.1, Mesos version 0.23.0, and Marathon version 0.10.0.

Thanks,

Kathy

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE (v1.0): This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information or otherwise be protected by law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and destroy all copies and the original message.

Re: HDFS and Marathon

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
related: fuse over webhdfs: https://github.com/aw-altiscale/webhdfs

--