Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Jose M Medina V <jo...@wesamconsulting.com> on 2011/11/08 19:01:14 UTC

Axis2c and deflate_module

Hi All.

I am wondering, if it possible that Axis2c receive a soap message compressed and the result of the service are compresses as well.

The idea is to use httpd, mod_deflate to do that.

I do the configuration in the httpd.conf, and the server respond in compressed mode, but I can’t configure to receive the info compressed.

Thank in advance.

P.D: Sorry for my bad English

José M. Medina V.
Wesam Consulting
jose_medina@wesamconsulting.com
Mobile: +58(416)613-3302 +58(414)019-0580
Ofc:     +58(212)959-4155 Ext. 204
BB pin: 21EEDDB5
Caracas - Venezuela

AW: Axis2c and deflate_module

Posted by Stadelmann Josef <jo...@axa-winterthur.ch>.
In this case I feel  MTOM is oversold as it stands.
Where is the optimization making things smaller not larger?
Given we can compress a content and make it an attachment
it might be worth to look for SwA (SOAP with Attachments).
Or does somebody more knowledge to the basic subject have
a better idea? I like to learn as well.
Josef

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jose M Medina V <jo...@wesamconsulting.com>.
Looking over internet I find a jira case similar with my situation.

The case is Axis2-C AXIS2C-1387

They suggest a path to solve the problem; so I will apply the path and see If solve the problem.

Regards,

jose_medina@wesamconsulting.com <ma...@wesamconsulting.com>

Posted by Jose M Medina V <jo...@wesamconsulting.com>.
We don’t compress the HTTP header.

The http header coming well to http server, only the soap message is compressed, and we receive the error that I mention bellow.

So we want that apache http server decompress the soap message before pass to mod_axis2.

Regards,

Posted by Jose M Medina V <jo...@wesamconsulting.com>.
Hi Josef.