Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Vijay Veluchamy <vi...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/05 16:22:38 UTC

How to read segment dump?

Hi Team,

I need to crawl a website using Apache Nutch. Currently, I am using Nutch
1.x.

I have followed the steps provided in the following URL upto 'invertlink'
step.

https://wiki.apache.org/nutch/NutchTutorial

Then, used 'readseg' command to dump the segments. The dump file is created
successfully.

Now, I have the following questions.

1. Is this the right file (segment dump file) to read contents of a
website? If yes, how to read the contents from dump file? I am unable to
read as it looks like encrypted.
2. Otherwise, how can I read the contents of a website?

Thanks,
Vijay

Re: How to read segment dump?

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

When you are done with crawling you can try dump command. Its usage is as
follows:

*$ bin/nutch dump [-h] [-mimetype <mimetype>] [-outputDir <outputDir>]*
*   [-segment <segment>]*
* -h,--help                show this help message*
* -mimetype <mimetype>     an optional list of mimetypes to dump, excluding*
*                      all others. Defaults to all.*
* -outputDir <outputDir>   output directory (which will be created) to host*
*                      the raw data*
* -segment <segment>       the segment(s) to use*

So, you can apply that:

*$ bin/nutch dump -segment crawl/segments -outputDir crawl/dump/*

which will create a new directory at -outputDir and dump all the crawled
pages in html format.

On the other hand, this may also be useful for your case:
https://wiki.apache.org/nutch/CommonCrawlDataDumper

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI

RE: How to read segment dump?