Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Michael Sutter <Mi...@ipe.fzk.de> on 2007/11/02 16:37:30 UTC

Re: axis simple http server versus apache

Hello Subra,

thanks for your answer. But I had exported the LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the
apache start script to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH I use when starting the axis
simple server (done with echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH).  The other difference I
saw is  that the apache daemon runs as another user than the  axis
simple server. So changed the user running the apache daemon to the user
running the axis simple server.  So the library path should for both be
the same and there should be no access violations for the libraries.

But this don't work. In the error log I found the reason. My service
access some corba classes and this produce the crash of the service. But
I don't know why because the library path is the same in apache and axis
server. Could it be that the apache generally could not access the corba
classes and why?

Kind regards
Michael

Posted by Michael Sutter <Mi...@ipe.fzk.de>.
Hello,

I found out what the problem is. I simply need a configuration file in
my home directory. But this don't solved my problem.

The access to the libraries and files should be no problem - the apache
daemon is running as the user running the axis simple server. So both
have the rights to access all needed libraries. I think the problem is
that apache is starting as root and then the processes are forked as
another user - where maybe the environment of the user is not correctly
set. Could this be? And does anybody has an idea how to solve it?

Kind regards Michael

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.
Michael Sutter wrote:
> Hello Subra,
>
> thanks for your answer. But I had exported the LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the
> apache start script to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH I use when starting the
> axis simple server (done with echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH).  The other
> difference I saw is  that the apache daemon runs as another user than
> the  axis simple server. So changed the user running the apache daemon
> to the user running the axis simple server.  So the library path
> should for both be the same and there should be no access violations
> for the libraries.
>
> But this don't work. In the error log I found the reason. My service
> access some corba classes and this produce the crash of the service.
> But I don't know why because the library path is the same in apache
> and axis server. Could it be that the apache generally could not
> access the corba classes and why?
One reason that I can think of is permission problems. Some stuff that
the corba library does may require access rights beyond that of the user
under which apache is run.

On a side note, for production systems, it is more appropriate to add
the lib path to /etc/ld.so.conf file and run ldconfig rather than to set
the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Samisa...

> Kind regards
> Michael
>
> Subra A Narayanan wrote:
>> Hey Michael,
>>
>> I think the reason you are getting this error is because apache is
>> not able to locate and load one of you libraries. Try this:
>>
>> copy all ur shared libraries in to the /usr/lib (or /usr/lib64 )
>> folder and try ur test with apache again. If that solves ur problem,
>> you may need to modify ur ld.so.conf file to add the location of ur
>> library files to tell apache where to look for the library files that
>> it needs.
>>
>> Subra
>>

>> On 10/31/07, *Michael Sutter * <Michael.Sutter@ipe.fzk.de
>> <ma...@ipe.fzk.de>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hello list,
>>
>>     I have a problem with a service running in the apache webserver.
>>     When I run the service with the axis simple server everything works
>>     fine. But when I run it inside apache I always get:
>>
>>     raw_xml_in_out_msg_recv.c(109) Impl object for service 'DAQStatus'
>>     not
>>     set in message receiver. 100 :: Failed in creating DLL
>>
>>     When I understand the message right the service can't get the input
>>     correct. Am I right? Does anybody know why this could occur and
>>     why only
>>     in apache?
>>
>>     The input is only a string - the output is a compley datatype
>>     containing
>>     6 boolean and 6 int variables.
>>
>>     Kind Regards
>>     Michael