Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Rodrigo Ruiz <rr...@gridsystems.com> on 2002/09/04 15:21:17 UTC

Compression support in Apache SOAP

Hi all,

Does Apache SOAP comes with built-in support for compressed messages?

I am developing a SOAP client wich must receive/transfer data files from the
server. These files can be of arbitrary size.

I'm interested in having my 'Apache SOAP over Tomcat' to automatically
compress the whole SOAP message. This way, I would not have to deal with zip
libraries.

Thanks in advance,
Rodrigo

Re: Compression support in Apache SOAP

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
The current Apache SOAP code does not have "built-in" support for compressed
messages (such as by using gzip with HTTP 1.1).  However, you can zip files
that you send as attachments.  Read the full thread at
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=soap-dev&m=102690794625939&w=2 for more
information.

Scott Nichol