Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Andrey A. Kudrin" <ku...@russiancourier.com> on 2003/09/17 09:10:35 UTC

Sleeping sessions

Hello modperl,

  I need help.
  I've compiled apache 1.3.28 + mod_perl 1.28 + mod_ssl 2.8.15.
  Before that all was ok, but at the moment all httpd session freezing
  in memory and turning to sleeping, 30-40 min and server is
  overloaded.
  I use PerlRun instead of Apache::Registry.
  Any ideas?

Sincerely yours,
Andrey A. Kudrin,

Re: Sleeping sessions

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Ged Haywood wrote:
[...]
>>but at the moment all httpd session freezing in memory and turning
>>to sleeping, 30-40 min and server is overloaded.
>

> You must send more information.  Read the documentation on the
> mod_perl site to find out what you need to send.

Ouch, that's a lot to read ;) It's better to point people to a simple:
http://perl.apache.org/bugs/

Thanks.

Re: Sleeping sessions

Posted by Ged Haywood <ge...@www2.jubileegroup.co.uk>.
Hi there,

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Andrey A. Kudrin wrote:

> I've compiled apache 1.3.28 + mod_perl 1.28 + mod_ssl 2.8.15.
> Before that all was ok,

Before what?  Before mod_ssl?  Try it without.  Have you checked in
the documentation that the version of mod_ssl is suitable for your
purposes?

> but at the moment all httpd session freezing in memory and turning
> to sleeping, 30-40 min and server is overloaded.

You must send more information.  Read the documentation on the
mod_perl site to find out what you need to send.

73,
Ged.