Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Gora Mohanty <go...@mimirtech.com> on 2015/10/01 21:34:03 UTC

Re: Spam handling with ASF mailing lists

> On 23 September 2015 at 21:10, Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > If you have specific questions about spam handling, then I'd suggest you
> > ask on the ASF infrastructure list, but generally, we can expect that
> > there will be occasions when something that seems obviously spam gets
> > through our systems.
>
> OK, will take this up on the ASF infrastructure list as you suggest.
> Thanks: I was not quite sure where to address this plaint to.

Sorry to bug all of you again, but I was annoyed enough once more by the
continuing spam that slips through the cracks to try and complain to ASF
infrastructure lists. Unfortunately, at the very beginning of
http://www.apache.org/dev/infra-mail it says "Participation in these lists
is only available to ASF committers.", and I am not a committer. Would it
be possible for someone to forward this to the infrastructure list?

Not to point fingers, but the spam that I have been responding to would
*not* slip through the open-source-based filters that we maintain for our
small clients. I would think that ASF, with all its resources, would be
able to handle this.

Regards,
Gora