Posted to dev@predictionio.apache.org by Donald Szeto <do...@apache.org> on 2017/05/17 15:50:59 UTC

New PMC member and committer: Takahiro Hagino

Hi all,

The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache PredictionIO (incubating)
has asked Takahiro Hagino to become a PMC member and committer, and we are
pleased to announce that he has accepted. He is also a committer of the
Apache Portals project.

He has made major contributions to the PredictionIO 0.11.0 release by
adding Elasticsearch 5 support. This shows solid understanding of the core
PredictionIO codebase. In addition, he also helped cleaning up and
refactoring code in the core. Having him join forces with us would be
beneficial for PredictionIO's growth.

Being a committer enables easier contribution to the project since there is
no need to go via the patch submission process. This should enable better
productivity. Being a PMC member enables assistance with the management and
to guide the direction of the project.

Please join us in welcoming Takahiro.

Regards,
Donald

Re: New PMC member and committer: Takahiro Hagino

Posted by Donald Szeto <do...@apache.org>.
This is awesome! Please share the deck after your talk if possible.

Regards,
Donald

Posted by Donald Szeto <do...@apache.org>.

Posted by Takahiro Hagino <ha...@gmail.com>.
Dear All,

Posted by Takahiro Hagino <ha...@gmail.com>.
Dear All,

Posted by Naoki Takezoe <ta...@gmail.com>.

--
Naoki Takezoe

Re: New PMC member and committer: Takahiro Hagino

Posted by Naoki Takezoe <ta...@gmail.com>.

--
Naoki Takezoe

Re: New PMC member and committer: Takahiro Hagino

Posted by Donald Szeto <do...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Congratulations and welcome, Takahiro.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

If you are given a choice, you believe you have acted freely. - Raymond
Teller (via Peter Watts)

Re: New PMC member and committer: Takahiro Hagino

Posted by Donald Szeto <do...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.