Posted to users@maven.apache.org by motes motes <mo...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/13 17:57:47 UTC

mvn release:prepare over SSH?

I am trying to release a maven project located on a server requiring
ssh access. I need to release the project from my local machine using
the cmd command line in windows 7.

1) Created a putty profile with the host info an specified my private key

2) Installed TortoiseSVN and created a variable with value (see
http://www.woodwardweb.com/java/howto_configure.html):

Variable name: SVN_SSH
Variable value: C:\\Program Files\\TortoiseSVN\\bin\\TortoisePlink.exe

3) Added the path to "C:\Program
Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\TortoisePlink.exe" in the Network settings in
the TortoiseSVN settings

4) Added my private key to the putty pageant

5) Successfully checked out the project using tortuise svn and the
above putty profile.

6) Tried to run 'mvn release:prepare' but get the error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.0:prepare
(default-cli) on project sample: Unable to tag SCM
[ERROR] Provider message:
[ERROR] The svn tag command failed.
[ERROR] Command output:
[ERROR] svn: Network connection closed unexpectedly
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with
the -e switch.

In my parent project I have the following SCM info:

  <scm>
    <connection>scm:svn:svn+ssh://myhost/usr/local/repo/myproject/trunk</connection>
    <developerConnection>scm:svn:svn+ssh://myhost/usr/local/repo/myproject/trunk</developerConnection>
  </scm>

If I change this to (removing the +ssh):

  <scm>
    <connection>scm:svn:svn://myhost/usr/local/repo/myproject/trunk</connection>
    <developerConnection>scm:svn:svn://myhost/usr/local/repo/myproject/trunk</developerConnection>
  </scm>

[ERROR] Command output:
[ERROR] svn: No repository found in 'svn://myhost/usr/local/repo/myproject'
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]

which makes sense since the right protocol is 'svn+ssh'

Any ideas why I cannot release the project located on the server that
requires ssh access?

Re: mvn release:prepare over SSH?

Posted by Philip Whitehouse <ph...@whiuk.com>.
> svn: Network connection closed unexpectedly

Did you try with e or X switch to see if there was more info about why the network connection closed?

Philip Whitehouse