Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Robert Denton <ro...@headsprout.com> on 2007/07/18 23:48:58 UTC

apache lists dir contents, not repo contents

Hi folks,

I am attempting to migrate my company's repository to a new server.  There are differences (windows --> linx, svn 1.3 --> 1.4, etc) - but these items should not make a difference according to what I have read about svnadmin dump.

I have dumped the repo to a file, samba'd the dumpfile to the linux server, created a new repo called 'testing' at /svn/repos/testing and then issues svnadmin load testing < dumpfile.

this all went well as far as I can tell, but when I attempt to pull the repo up in a browser, oddly, the contents of the testing folder are listed, and not the contents of the repo, as such:

Collection of Repositories

* conf/
* dav/
* db/
* hooks/
* locks/
     _____

Powered by Subversion version 1.4.2 (r22196).

What I expected to see, of course, is trunk, tags and branch.  Does anyone here have any idea why this might occur?  My subversion.conf file looks like this:

LoadModule dav_svn_module     modules/mod_dav_svn.so
LoadModule authz_svn_module   modules/mod_authz_svn.so

<Location /svn>
   DAV svn
   SVNParentPath        /svn/repos/testing
   SVNListParentPath    on
   ModMimeUsePathInfo   on
#   AuthType            Basic
#   AuthName            "Subversion Repository"
#   AuthUserFile        /svn/etc/svnpass
#   Require valid-user
#   AuthzSVNAccessFile  /svn/etc/access.conf
</Location>

I have commented out the auth stuff in order to simplify the troubleshooting somewhat.  When I uncomment it, I get the same thing, but I have to supply creds first.  I call the repo like this:

https://localhost/svn

Any help would be uber uber appreciated.  Thanks!
Robert

Re: apache lists dir contents, not repo contents

Posted by John Peacock <jp...@rowman.com>.
Robert Denton wrote:
> <Location /svn>
>    DAV svn
>    SVNParentPath        /svn/repos/testing

You mean to have:

	SVNParentPath        /svn/repos

The SVNParentPath doesn't look at the repository (since there isn't one there),
but at the directories contained there (which are all supposed to be
repositories in their own right)...

John

--
John Peacock
Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group

Re: apache lists dir contents, not repo contents

Posted by Jeremy C Russell <Je...@pplsi.com>.
Perhaps,

SVNParentPath directive should point to /svn/repos,
or
Use "SVNPath /svn/repos/testing" instead.

Jeremy Russell
Unix Systems Administrator
Pre-Paid Legal Services, INC.
580.272.2834

             "Robert Denton"
             <robert@headsprou
             t.com>                                                     To
                                       users@subversion.tigris.org
             07/18/2007 06:49                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject