Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Dave Carlson <gs...@charter.net> on 2007/11/08 19:04:11 UTC

ActiveMQ JNDI in Tomcat

Hello, We are trying to connect to an ActiveMQ server from a web app. We are having trouble with the JNDI part of it. We have not been successful placing a jndi.properties file in the WEB-INF/classes, nor anywhere else. The properties in our JNDI file are:

java.naming.factory.initial org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory
queue.activity_queue  activity_queue

Regardless, we get a naming exception saying that activity_queue is not bound in this context. We are trying to get this in the following manner:

Context context = new javax.naming.InitialContext();
return context.lookup(str);

This works outside of the web server, but not in. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Re: ActiveMQ JNDI in Tomcat

Posted by Mario Siegenthaler <ms...@inventsoft.ch>.
Hi
You don't really need a jndi.properties. Just place the activemq jar
in the common/lib (or lib if you're using tomcat 6) of your tomcat and
follow the configuration at
http://activemq.apache.org/setting-up-activemq-with-tomcat-559.html

Mario