Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Václav Krpec <va...@alsoft.cz> on 2004/01/13 10:08:06 UTC

Re[3]: [users@httpd] Adding svn dbses without apache restart

>> JS> What's the problem with restarting the server?  If you use a graceful
>> JS> restart, there is essentially no effect on clients.
>>
>> I know, but our company plan to offer hosting service with use of
>> svn database for each user; with hundreds (thousands?) of users =>
>> hundreds of <Location> directives in the config-file, how long will
>> the restart take?

JS> The graceful restart is instantaneous from the client's perspective.  Of
JS> course, it will increase load on the server since all the processes need
JS> to be recycled.  You wouldn't want to do it thousands of times per day.

Sure... I just wanted to know if I can do it in a nice way...

>> That's one thing, the another is that I really don't
>> think that it's impossible to map new dirs in run-time (AliasMatch
>> directive does it, don't it?).

JS> That is a question for SVN people.  [...Checks the SVN docs...]
JS> It looks to me like what you want is SVNParentPath:
JS> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/html-chunk/ch06s04.html#svn-ch-6-sect-4.2

JS> It's amazing what you can find by reading the docs ;-)

I've read the docs. SVNParentPath is fine, but don't work with
AuthzSVNAccessFile (for now), so every user is allowed to manipulate
every user's data... And that's the problem.

  vencík <ve...@razdva.cz>
         <va...@alsoft.cz>

  http://www.razdva.cz/vencik/