Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by goran <co...@yahoo.com> on 2007/12/15 13:22:27 UTC

The problem with authentication on SSO

I have the problem to accomplish SSL connection with servlet on Oracle AS.
Application server is configured to use SSO for authentication. When I try
to access servlet, AS redirect my request to SSO for authentication. As the
result of authentication I got cookie with SSO_ID parameter, but response
message is “ Oracle SSO Failure - Unable to process request.Either the
requested URL was not specified in terms of a fully-qualified host name or
OHS single sign-on is incorrectly configured. Please notify your
administrator”

When I try the same things with same certificate and with web browser
everything is OK.

Does anybody have experience  with authentication on SSO?

Re: The problem with authentication on SSO

Posted by Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net>.
goran wrote:
> I have the problem to accomplish SSL connection with servlet on Oracle AS.
> Application server is configured to use SSO for authentication. When I try
> to access servlet, AS redirect my request to SSO for authentication. As the
> result of authentication I got cookie with SSO_ID parameter, but response
> message is “ Oracle SSO Failure - Unable to process request.Either the
> requested URL was not specified in terms of a fully-qualified host name or
> OHS single sign-on is incorrectly configured. Please notify your
> administrator”

Have you set the "Referer:" header in the redirected requests?
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.html#sec14.36

cheers,
  Roland

Re: The problem with authentication on SSO

Posted by "Ken MacPherson (CampusEAI Consortium)" <ke...@campuseai.org>.
We use Oracle 10g & jmeter extensively.
I use iehttpheaders to check the redirects find the differences between my httpClient/jmeter calls.
The error might be due to a port different. 10g wants the ports the same.
Oracle SSO views http://yourFQDN:443 differently than http://yourFQDN:7777
if your using a non-ssl port for accessing the servlet, then you'll get this.
have your system admin "register" the different port with the 10g SSO using 10g ssoreg utility.