Posted to dev@hama.apache.org by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org> on 2011/06/07 07:29:13 UTC

Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for June 2011

Hi all,

Here's my draft report.

----
Hama was accepted into Incubator on 20 May 2008. Hama is a distributed
computing framework based on BSP (Bulk Synchronous Parallel) computing
techniques for massive scientific computations.

== Top 2 or 3 things to resolve prior to graduation ==

 * Invite new active committers

== Issues for the Incubator PMC or ASF Board ==

None.

== Community development ==

 * Mailing list shows increased usage from previous report.
 * 'Chiahung lin' is actively involves in our community and research
area of hama fault-tolerant design.
 * 'Miklós Erdélyi' has contributed some performance improvements.
 * One of GSoC students, Thomas jungblut has excellently finished
implementing his GSoC project, and also has started to contribute
major parts in our project.
 * Steve Loughran has became a mentor

== Project development ==

 * We've made our first release under the Apache Incubator.
 * Switched from Ant to Maven
 * Some new features are added e.g., web UI for job monitoring,
examples, messages bundle.
 * Some bug and performance issues are fixed

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon

Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for June 2011

Posted by Thomas Jungblut <th...@googlemail.com>.
Thanks, maybe we add the PageRank example to the boardreport, I plan
to integrate it tomorrow.

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
fixed ;)

Posted by Thomas Jungblut <th...@googlemail.com>.