Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Narasimha Rao Gajje <Na...@mindtree.com> on 2015/06/25 14:01:33 UTC

[users@httpd] How to setup Apache Web Server (httpd)

Dear All,

I am newbie in Apache concepts and only know Apache Tomact.

Following is my requirement, would anybody please help me how to setup.

I have a clustered JBOSS EAP 6.3 instances running on two different Windows 8 machines. Now I am planning to put a load balancer to dispatch the requests to these JBOSS clustered servers.
I am thinking of Apache httpds as a load balancer. What I got to know is these Apache web server will be available in source code and source code needs to be compiled as per the environment.

I am not finding any Windows 8 (64bit) Apache http installed in the Apache site. Would someone help me from where to download the Windows 8 (64bit) version of Apache httpd service.

And also any guide to setup the load balancer on Windows machine.

Regards,
Rao

________________________________

Re: [users@httpd] How to setup Apache Web Server (httpd)

Posted by Curtis Maurand <cu...@maurand.com>.

On 6/25/2015 8:01 AM, Narasimha Rao Gajje wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am newbie in Apache concepts and only know Apache Tomact.
>
> Following is my requirement, would anybody please help me how to setup.
>
> I have a clustered JBOSS EAP 6.3 instances running on two different
> Windows 8 machines. Now I am planning to put a load balancer to
> dispatch the requests to these JBOSS clustered servers.
>
> I am thinking of Apache httpds as a load balancer. What I got to know
> is these Apache web server will be available in source code and source
> code needs to be compiled as per the environment.
>
> I am not finding any Windows 8 (64bit) Apache http installed in the
> Apache site. Would someone help me from where to download the Windows
> 8 (64bit) version of Apache httpd service.
>
> And also any guide to setup the load balancer on Windows machine.

Here is a link to 64 bit binaries.

https://www.apachelounge.com/download/win64/

--Curtis

--
Curtis Maurand
curtis@maurand.com <ma...@maurand.com>

Re: [users@httpd] How to setup Apache Web Server (httpd)

Posted by Andy Wang <aw...@ptc.com>.

On 06/25/2015 07:01 AM, Narasimha Rao Gajje wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am newbie in Apache concepts and only know Apache Tomact.
>
> Following is my requirement, would anybody please help me how to setup.
>
> I have a clustered JBOSS EAP 6.3 instances running on two different
> Windows 8 machines. Now I am planning to put a load balancer to dispatch
> the requests to these JBOSS clustered servers.
>
> I am thinking of Apache httpds as a load balancer. What I got to know is
> these Apache web server will be available in source code and source code
> needs to be compiled as per the environment.
>
> I am not finding any Windows 8 (64bit) Apache http installed in the
> Apache site. Would someone help me from where to download the Windows 8
> (64bit) version of Apache httpd service.
>
> And also any guide to setup the load balancer on Windows machine.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rao

Since you're using jboss, you might want to consider looking at mod_cluster:
http://mod-cluster.jboss.org/

Andy